cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
idahoalex
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

k4000

HP Recommended

We bought a K4000 keyboard at Best Buy to go with my son's Surface tablet. Just found out he never uses it because it double-strikes just about every other letter, and the Shift-S combination doesn't work. EEverytthingg coomees outt looookiing veerry sstrange.

Anyway, it is not usable. It does the same thing on an Android device. Any advice? Or do I need to send it back for service? If so, how?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @idahoalex  , welcome to the HP Forums. I understand that your keyboard is double-striking on almost every letter. The first thing that comes to mind is to turn on Filter Keys. If this doesn't work, see what other keyboard options you can test, like repeat rate for instance:  Change keyboard settings

If that fails, and you determine it is a hardware failure, you would have to contact phone support for your repair options:
In North America: 800-474-6836
Click Here For Outside, North America

I hope this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ED19621
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My K4000 keyboard was acting up too.  Certain letters like CAP G and miscellaneous other seeming random keys wouldn't work,  The button to pair the device also was a bear as it didn't seem to be lined up correctly.  I was ready to throw it out as it wasn't returnable and out of warranty back in 2014 (or they quit supporting it then),  I had read where someone took it apart so I figured why not.  There are no screws in it it is just plastic clips and double sided tape.  I serparated it between the white and black plastic on the front down by the ALT key just using mild pressure (no tools) and carefully separated the two pieces.  With it appart I placed the batteries back in it and was shocked that it worked just fine,  I put it back together being careful to align the power slide and the pairing button.  I wrote this post with my favorite little keyboard.  It is really nice for use with a media computer that you don't need to spend all day typing on,  So take it apart and put it back together and maybe yours will work again too - Take care and take care of each other everyone.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation