cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SHUBHAM61
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

keyboard not working

HP Recommended
envy 13-j000ne
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

my keyboard stopped working .all this happened when i left it off when i went out and when i came back i didnt check it .

the next day when i turned my pc on and the turned on my keyboard it wasnt working .

please help me put.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @SHUBHAM61,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the keyboard not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried connecting an external keyboard and check if that helps?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard drivers from device manager?

Are you able to use the on-screen keyboard?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: 

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.

Please visit this  link for further assistance: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03738933

Please respond to this post with the details for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation