cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
djvicksee
Level 1
4 1 0 2
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

kitkat update for ho slate 6 voice tab

HP Recommended
When is kitkat update going to come for HP slate 6 and pls make some user interface like Samsung HP is a most branded company and their mobile user interface is looking like a Google nexus pls do some changes in ui and when is kitkat update coming.
Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
dashab
Level 3
Level 3
71 71 1 9
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In my opinion, it appears that HP is following a google UI experience instead of adding a lot of unnecessary options like samsung, so I would not expect updates to have a samsung like experience. I personally like the google nexus experience, vs. samsung.

I don't know when a kitkat update is comming for this device.

I work for HP.
David
0 Kudos
Sumit601
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Any dates for the kitkat update release? I have spoken to the UK contact centre and they have no idea.

Any advice would be useful as I may move to another brand.

Thanks
0 Kudos
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP plans to upgrade the Slate 6 VoiceTab to Kit Kat. The timing of the upgrade is not currently available.

When you upgrade your HP tablet, you are getting an operating system that has been tailored to and tested for your specific tablet.

As long as you have registered your device with Google, the new OS will come through automatically when you connect to the Internet. You can also look for updates by going to your settings on your device.

How to check for system updates

You must be connected to the Internet to check for updates. Use the following steps to check for system updates on your tablet:

1. On the Home screen, touch the All apps icon, and then touch the Settings icon.

2. In the System section, touch About tablet .

Figure 2: About tablet
Figure 2.jpg

3. Touch System updates

Figure 3: System updates
Figure 3.jpg

4. Touch Check now

Figure 4: Check now
Figure 4.jpg

5. Install any available system updates.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

James445
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so basically you have no idea if or when there's going to be a update 

0 Kudos
Sumit601
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Can't believe kit kat still not released on slate 6. May be time to get a refund.
0 Kudos
pertsauber
Level 2
28 24 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Will hp slate 6 for malaysia user get product update? Seems like most outside malaysia already get the kit kat update.
0 Kudos
James445
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dont hold your breath  - most will be on the next Android up date by the time HP get's it finger out applying KitKat and I no doubt will have changed phones by then but it won't be a HP

0 Kudos
kasreedharan
Level 1
16 9 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when i followed your steps,i got reply that' last checked for update at that time.'

0 Kudos
James445
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

looks like I am right  - Lollipop will be out shortly and still no sight of Kitkat not even an announcement to what the hell is going on with updates ????

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation