cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Guy-FR
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

my stream 7 is dead ?

HP Recommended
Stream 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all.

I bought a second hand Stream 7 recently: 3 month ago, the product is just a bit more than a year old!

* Yesterday, the battery was continuously discharging, i.e. not taking any charge.

* I tested the HP charger as working (on another tablet), tried to shutdown and so on. 

Now the battery is empty, tablet not charging, and as good as a black brick.

=> I believe the electronics for charging the battery is dead. If anyone has a (good and cheap) idea to revive the tablet, I'll takle it.

Really disapointed by the low level of quality of an HP product

Spoiler

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
kyle_b
Level 10
1,591 1,581 133 315
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, when you first plug the charger in with the tablet powered off, do you see the charging pictogram in the display for six to eight seconds and then is disappears?  If that is not appearing, the tablet is probably defective unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Guy-FR
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

when the tablet was "discharging" , I had the pictogram, but disapeared... for ever (or seems so!)

Sooo I think the device is dead (or at least the charging circuit in it)

A small hope someone has a solution to either test this statement or bypass the charging circuit, as another test

But It does not make sense to spend more $$'s to try and fix it

Thnks for the answer

0 Kudos
Guy-FR
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Last news: today I have put my ex-tablet to recycle: dead.

I will not wase more time on such a miserable product.

Good luck to the owners of this black piece of plastic!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation