Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n101nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

dears - any one can help with providing the original recovery image (stock one). i upgraded to recent W10 and now drivers are messed up and i am never able to revert to the original system as Windows seems to have replaced original recovery .. my laptop is 

HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n101nx 

V2H37EA

help is greatly appreciated

thanks and best

Hussam

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Hus1979

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need the original recovery for windows 10,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to tap on the F11 key to access the recovery manager & reinstall the OS?

If you have and it didn't go through, I recommend using the recovery media, if you didn't create one shortly after purchasing the PC,

you can always order one online: Click here for details.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks so much, yes i did.. did not work out. also did not do recovery media... 

i tried contacting hp us support as you mentioned but advised me to contact hp saudi

i did contact them but they don't have it 😞 

i would pay to get it but not sure where from

thanks so much for helping

HP Recommended

@Hus1979

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Technically, you need to contact HP from the region you purchased your PC, as the global support for you device is to troubleshoot and resolve,

However, for repair/replacement/software shipment you need to contact the region of purchase.

The only other option is, to Contact HP and ask if they have an option to provide a download link for the recovery media,

So that you can download it from the region you are in, now.

Let me know how that goes,

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks boss. is there an email for local saudi HP? the issue is now that i moved permantely from the country where i purshased it , and though, i gave them a call and they said they cannot and i need to visit thier offices / support department in saudi 

help is appreciated

best

HP Recommended

@Hus1979

To help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the number for you region,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage 

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is because the instructions are critical).

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks sir, as advised earlier, i already called them and they asked me to visit thier saudi based support centre to get the image. Fact is i left saudi permanently so wonder if any other way
Thanks so much for ur help
HP Recommended

@Hus1979

I Appreciate the clarification.

As I was under the impression that you moved into Saudi,

Whereas, you've recently mentioned that you've moved out of Saudi.

That said, perhaps, you could mentioned where exactly you are now, so that I can help you accordingly,

Please send the information of your current location on a private message.

Awaiting your response,

Keep me posted and have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
In Canada, Toronto. I called local hp but were not able to help as the model is not for local market. Appreciate all ur help. Shall i give up?
HP Recommended

@Hus1979

I would never give up nor would suggest you to do that,

And as for resolving your concern, I recommend you contact HP using the below steps:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They should be able to help you with the recovery media download link,

That said, if they don't have any such options, you can always get a retail copy of windows and install that instead, HP doesn't support or recommend it, however, you could take the final call as the owner of the PC.

If the issue is related to the drivers alone, I recommend checking websites such as www.hp.com/drivers (HP's official website) or driverscape.com (a third party website that contains most of the drivers once you select HP in it).

I've mentioned these details so that you don't have to give up and so that the information serves your best interests.

Keep me posted if you need any other technical assistance,

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.