Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
11 8 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

readability of magazines

HP Recommended
In my slate 7 I'm looking in Google play @ magazines I might want to buy or subscribe to. The sample pages for any mag are too small. They may fit into the screen when portrait but I can't seem to zoom in to a readable size font. Turned slate to landscape and its worse. The portrait image for the mag is now shrunk to landscape height. Again no zoom in that I see -tried 2finger zoom too. Dont want to buy a mag only to find i cant read it. Is there a tip anyone has for getting mags in a readable font on slate 7?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 3
52 47 0 21
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try going into Settings > Display > Font Size and change the text font size throughout the tablet. If the individual app doesn't have the ability, this is the only way I can see it working.

Phone: Evo 4G LTE
Tablet: HP Slate 7
Laptop: Hp Envy 4

If I have helped you in and well, please hit me with a KUDOS
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
410 394 23 135
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I gave this a try.

First, I agree - you really can't read the sample pages, as they appear to be fixed-size image thumbnails.

Second, under Settings > Display, I've set my Font Size to Huge.

Third, I downloaded a single issue of a randomly selected magazine (Cosmopolitan - UK). Using the built-in app Play Magazines, I could read it just fine. Also, if you tap the page, you'll see an option to View Text. This may make the text more readable. Ironically, you cannot zoom in and make that view larger, but you can Exit Text and zoom in on the page image (using two finger zoom).

I would suggest downloading a single issue, or signing up for the free Trial Subscription, if that option is offered for the magazine you selected. See how it looks in reality - not just in the thumbnail images in the Google Play store. Those are not a live preview of the magazine.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks. Using huge setting as suggested. Got a mag on trial as suggested and it is the user experience I was expecting. Thanks. As you can tell I'm a tablet newbie!

K
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
410 394 23 135
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You know what? So am I (a tablet newbie)! The HP Slate 7 is my first tablet, too.

Here's another tip:

If using the built-in Browser, if you have any issues with font size or readability, tap the vertical bar in the upper right corner to get the menu, tap Settings, and go to Accessibility. There you will find all kinds of settings that will let you increase font size, override a site's zoom settings, change contrast, etc.

I just experimented with various settings (a little bit at a time) until I hit on the ones I liked best. I set minimum font size to 5pt, text scaling to 130%, zoom on double-tap to 130%, and force enable zoom is on.

Want to autofill web forms? That's in the Browser's General Settings. 😉

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for the tip. That works great.

K
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation