cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

sd card not formate

HP Recommended
hp 16gb micro sd HC 10
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I HAVE  hp 16gb micro sd HC 10 CARD TI IS NOT FORMATE. It show memory is lock. how i formate

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,939 11,740 1,233 3,636
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

mrigank2002,

Are you using the micro SD card in an SD adapter and if so, does the adapter have the little lock switch on the side?

If so, is that switch in the Lock position?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No , I am using card reader. There is no such type of switch.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,939 11,740 1,233 3,636
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, what are the steps you take to format?

I assume you open Computer and see the drive listed, right click on that drive and choose Format, it gives you  an error message?

Ill private message you with a link to the HP Formatting tool. It might be able to fix the issue.

There is also a small chance you may need to try a different card reader.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation