cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
arham1
Level 2
37 19 0 3
Message 1 of 24
Flag Post

Solved!

startup lockup at window installation

HP Recommended
HP pro 610 tablet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I upgraded HP pro 610(z 3795) tablet from windows 8.1 to windows 10. After sometime I decided to downgrade to windows 8.1 and made uefi bootable usb. But when I start boot from usb, it lockup/ freez at window 8 logo. I have disabled secure boot, boot from usb first. I can restore my tablet in setting nor I can open window 10...please help urgently
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 3,941
Message 22 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did YOU buy the tablet from the USA?

If you have no support to contact in Pakistan, choose the next closest country like India from the country listings.

You can text chat online with them, no need to call on phone,

or

here is a list of contacts for India also.

http://www8.hp.com/in/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

I cannot do anymore for you in this forum.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
23 REPLIES 23
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 3,941
Message 2 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

arham1

How did you create the bootable USB of Windows 8.1?

arham1
Author
Level 2
37 19 0 3
Message 3 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Through Rufus software and one time by extracting directly iso image to USB. Maximum attempt have been done through various flash drives and iso images... moreover i have deleted EFI partition through command prompt & secure boot also disabled but failed all time...Some one told that try to boot DVD player but want to know why USB not booting properly...

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 3,941
Message 4 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to create the USB drive.

Download and install it to another computer, then use it to make the installer onto the USB drive.

You must use the same version that came with the computer originally.

Create media Windows 8.1

When the Windows logo appears, it will need time to do its thing. It may take 30 minutes or so sometimes.

Also remove the Micro SD card if you have one installed.

arham1
Author
Level 2
37 19 0 3
Message 5 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Already done same things as you defined. I spared tablet atleast 1 hour after booting logo but no click accepted. i downloaded windows from same source  as you mentioned link... 

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 3,941
Message 6 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But did you use the same tool to create the installer? Do not download the ISO, use the Media Creation tool to make the USB directly instead of an ISO and Rufus. Have you done that?

arham1
Author
Level 2
37 19 0 3
Message 7 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok...great Sir, I will revert you back if not resolved...thanks... i downloading...

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 3,941
Message 8 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let me know how it goes.

Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,679 9,523 1,309 3,941
Message 9 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just to be clear, Choose the USB method when creating the installer... Not ISO

That should work.

USB creation.PNG

arham1
Author
Level 2
37 19 0 3
Message 10 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same result nothing change.....

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation