cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kirtinagda
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 19
Flag Post

Solved!

upgrade to kitkat

HP Recommended
Is it possible to upgrade to android kitkat?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
aneeshnair
Level 6
Level 6
509 509 24 66
Message 2 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Kirtinagda,

Please let me know which is the model tablet you have and I will be able to give you a update on the option to upgrade to kitkat...

Regards

Aneesh

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

CoolEditor
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same question. Is it possible to update my HP Slate 7 (Red) to Android KitKat. Preferable supported by HP. If not, unsupported by manual update.

Cheers

0 Kudos
kirtinagda
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am having slate 7 voice tab model no HSTNH - 320 C
0 Kudos
aneeshnair
Level 6
Level 6
509 509 24 66
Message 5 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Kirtinagda, 

Yes, There is a update from  HP to upgrade it to Kitkat.But it is still in testing phase... so you will have to wait for the update for the HP Slate 7..

Regards

Aneesh 

CoolEditor
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Aneesh,

Will this update be available for the Slate 7 voice tab only or for the the slate 7 2801 as well?

Patience is not my strongest quality. Any idea when this will be ready to roll? 🙂

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
esendag
Level 2
18 17 0 1
Message 7 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I too want to know that, if kitkat upgrade  will be applicabe  for slate 7 2800

Thank you.

0 Kudos
aneeshnair
Level 6
Level 6
509 509 24 66
Message 8 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi coolEditoresendag,

I am sorry i do not have information if HP slate 7 2800 will get a update or not.

Regards

Aneesh 

esendag
Level 2
18 17 0 1
Message 9 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi again 

Thanks anyway, it's abou 10 months I bought this slate 7 2500 with android 4.1.1  on it , not much time and i'ts  outdated

and very low end product with NO REAL company support. I bought it from a shop at Manchester airport UK. And it was not cheap. If i would have known the issues!!!I am using another 3 android devices of different brands. I had no issues about these devices. But slate has many..

For examle no OTG, no updates, no NFC,no tv out, 'no usb mtg device connected' issues on win xp prof. connection, infact even hp notebook defines it as telephone on win 7. Who knows next!!I think more company support must be put on these type of devices. 

Thank you anyway

And please excuse me if I wrote anything wrong because English is not my native language

Cheers

esendag
Level 2
18 17 0 1
Message 10 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Spoiler

Opps pardon me it's 'slate 7 2800 v1 .05.14_user, core 3.0.8+ dec 25 2013' not 2500 

Sorry

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation