Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X2 1012
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the USB doc, but can't make it work to drive 2 external monitors - help??!!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello JFD84,

Which doc do you have? Is it one of these?

HP USB-C Travel Dock T0K29AA

HP Elite USB-C Travel Dock T3V74AA

Only the Elite version has a User Guide that I can find.

According to that, it uses Display Link software to use external or dual monitors.

Go to the bottom of page 6 to read about setup and configuring an external monitor.

HP Elite USB-C Docking Station User Guide - display

Here is the link to the HP USB Dock DisplayLink Driver. I would assume either adapter would use this driver, but like I stated, there is no documentation for the non-elite version explaining this. So I am having to take a guess.

Drivers & Software - HP Support Center.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello JFD84,

Which doc do you have? Is it one of these?

HP USB-C Travel Dock T0K29AA

HP Elite USB-C Travel Dock T3V74AA

Only the Elite version has a User Guide that I can find.

According to that, it uses Display Link software to use external or dual monitors.

Go to the bottom of page 6 to read about setup and configuring an external monitor.

HP Elite USB-C Docking Station User Guide - display

Here is the link to the HP USB Dock DisplayLink Driver. I would assume either adapter would use this driver, but like I stated, there is no documentation for the non-elite version explaining this. So I am having to take a guess.

Drivers & Software - HP Support Center.

HP Recommended

Hi

Did you get this to work?

The solution marked as correct to your post only really referred to the user manual for the USB-C dock. This just tells you have to connect a monitor (so would suggest that two external monitors are not supported).

But the USB-C dock does have two video outs (DisplayPort and HDMI) so does that mean it could support two *seperate* external displays. And I understand that DisplayPort 1.2 and above supports 'daisy-chaining' monitors from a single DisplayPort output, so that may be another way of adding a second external monitor. But I can't see anywhere in the documentation any confirmation of what version of DisplayPort is used in the dock.

But maybe you got it to work with two external monitors? This is what I'd like to do, so please let me know whether you managed!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm running two external monitors - no magic required.  I didn't even have to open the DisplayPort software.  One is connected VGA, the other HDMI.  In Windows display settings I have the tablet display disabled, the external displays set to Extend Desktop.  Thats all I needed to do.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.