Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dm4-2015dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need to recover windows. bios won’t open won’t boot. I need to reinstall windows 7 but the product key is linked to hp so I can’t 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can reinstall W7 two ways...

1.  Order W7 recovery media from this vendor at the link below.

Computer Surgeons - Windows 7 64B Recovery Kit 657980-001 For HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC ...

2. If you can read all 25 characters of the W7 Home Premium product key on your notebook's case, make your own plain W7 64 bit installation media.

Download the W7 Home Premium 64 bit ISO file from the link below, toward the bottom of the page.

Windows 7 Home Premium Free Download ISO 32 Bit 64 Bit (getintopc.com)

Use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable, or you can use a different utility for this purpose such as Rufus.

After W7 has completed installing you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Pavilion dm4-2015dx Entertainment Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Suppor...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.