Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

we cant find how to siwtch from back to front cameras can anyone help please sorry brand new users

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

With the Camera app open, to the right of the zoom bar is a little camera icon with an arrow circling around it.  Tap the camera icon to switch between front and rear cameras.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

With the Camera app open, to the right of the zoom bar is a little camera icon with an arrow circling around it.  Tap the camera icon to switch between front and rear cameras.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended
Thank you
HP Recommended

My slate 7 does not show the camera icon to switch from front to back next to the zoom switch, all it shows is the settings icon...I restored to factory settings and still no switching icon. It worked before. It shows I have version 4.1.1 since restoring to factory. Any ideas..thanks

HP Recommended

Hello trkr58. I understand you are experiencing issues with the camera app. I want you to ensure you are utilizing the camera correctly. I would like you to review the "Using the cameras" section of the manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03730648.pdf

If this fails to assist you, uninstalling and reinstalling the app is the next best solution.

I will continue to research the issue. Please respond when you complete this troubleshooting.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

How do you uninstall the camera app? this is the stock app that came with the tablet

HP Recommended

To uninstall Apps from the Slate 7, look for Settings on the generic home screen. Then go to Apps. Find the App you want to uninstall and select it, then select "uninstall". I just performed this task to ensure this is the correct method.

Mario

HP Recommended

@SuperMario1 

How does one reinstall the stock camera app after uninstalling it without re-flashing the entire device?

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

In the Google Play store, the App should be available, unless I'm thinking of a different one. There are quite a few, after all. This one caught my eye, however: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moblynx.cameraics

Now speaking to @trkr58, you can try installing a different camera App. In all honestly, some of the camera Apps available contain more features than the basic one that comes pre-installed. This is extra food for thought, though.

Mario

HP Recommended

Thanks mario, however that was the first thing I tried was installing diferent apps...none worked but I came to the conclusion instead of trying to bandaid the problem...its still under warranty so I sent it back for repair.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.