Vodoinstalater
Level 1
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 34
Flag Post

Solved!

4.4.2 Android Update failed for HP Slate 10 HD

HP Recommended

So today 10 minutes ago i seen new update for 4.4.2 and i got excited and wanted to install it, But installation failed because of internet connection , internet connection just stoped and now i have dead android with red triangle, My battery was 98% Charged 5 GB free space. All options i have are

reboot system now

apply update from external storage

apply update from ADB

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

Any program for this like Sony and Nexus have ?

33 REPLIES 33
WyreNut
Level 15
16,215 14,975 1,036 2,075
Message 2 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I'd give the reboot option a shot first.  You can always come back to this menu by turning the device off, then holding the power and Volume + buttons until you see the HP logo.  If that doesn't work, then try the Factory Reset.

Instructions here:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Slate-10-HD-Tablet/5447840/model/6608625/document/c04075244/

I don't know your exact model of Slate 10 HD, but looking at the Support Site, I only see Jellybean rebuild images.  It may take some time for the KitKat image to appear.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
Vodoinstalater
Author
Level 1
3 1 0 1
Message 3 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried to restart device and did factory reset i have adapter and micro sd card, but when i connect it to PC or Laptop my sd card is not write able, but is FAT32 formated. My Sd Card is write able when i put it on phone, so i put my sd card in phone and over USB cable i tranfered update.zip But here is the log i do not know why it fails

-- Install /sdcard ...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") =="bonsai10" ||         getprop("ro.build.product")

== "bonsai10"

E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted

Is it because corrupted download ? or way of tranfering file ?

HP Slate 10 HD 3603EM

0 Kudos
WyreNut
Level 15
16,215 14,975 1,036 2,075
Message 4 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Vodoinstalater wrote:

I tried to restart device and did factory reset i have adapter and micro sd card, but when i connect it to PC or Laptop my sd card is not write able, but is FAT32 formated. My Sd Card is write able when i put it on phone, so i put my sd card in phone and over USB cable i tranfered update.zip But here is the log i do not know why it fails

HP Slate 10 HD 3603EM

Does the SD card adapter have a write-protect switch on it?  (The tiny white slider?)  It doesn't make sense for it not to work in just those devices...

It's failing because you cannot restore an older build over one that is newer (even if it was not able to complete!)

You can't put JellyBean onto a device that has tasted KitKat.

I'll try to bug HP to expedite uploading the KitKat images for the Slate 10 HD, but you might need to bug them too.

To contact HP directly, click this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

Outside the USA: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
VikAnt
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, after installation of official updating on 4.4.2 the tablet ceased to be started, and is loaded only into the loader. I tried to establish back 4.2.2 but it is ineffectual, throws out a mistake. Send me update.zip (4.4.2). Thanks.

У меня та же проблема, после установки официального обновления на 4.4.2 перестал запускаться планшет, и загружается только в загрузчик. Пробовал установить обратно 4.2.2 но безрезультатно, выкидывает ошибку. Отправьте мне update.zip (4.4.2). Спасибо.

0 Kudos
FreddoFrog
4 4 0 1
Message 6 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have the same problem.

1. Notification appeared informing that KitKat update is available
  2. Started update process by pressing notification
  3. Update process stopped after about 15 minutes with picture of Android laying down
  4. Tablet now shows "Android system recovery (3e)" menu at power on

I tried to revert back to Jelly Bean using the "Google Android Jelly Bean Restore Image for Slate 10 HD 36xx" from the HP Support Site but it fails with the error message "assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") =="bonsai10" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "bonsai10"".

So if I understand correctly:

1. It is not possible to revert to Jelly Bean after trying to install KitKat (even though KitKat did not install successfully)
  2. The Restore Image for KitKat is not available from the HP Support Site

Which means that my tablet is completely useless and I have no chance to fix it! 

0 Kudos
sysel55
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, you are completely right. My device as well. Luckily my warranty is still on so I reported it and they give me a brand new device... I dont understand why the image is still not publicly released, it should be enough. But whatever... I have a brand new slate 10 HD 🙂 

0 Kudos
FreddoFrog
4 4 0 1
Message 8 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The following firmware update is now available on the HP support website:

• Description: Google Android KitKat Restore Image for Slate 10 HD 36xx - Europe, Middle East and Africa (with preinstalled Amazon Apps) 
  • Version: 1.01.32 Rev.A
  • Updated: Oct 14, 2015

However, I receive the following error message when I try and install this image on my HP Slate 10 HD 3603eg via the apply update from external storage option of the Android system recovery (3e) menu:

Can't install this package (Mon Jun 15 15:08:28 CST 2015) over newer build (Wed Jul 1 13:41:45 CST 2015)

It would appear that the version provided on the support site is older than the version which was pushed out via the Android update process. Therefore this image cannot be used to recover units which experienced problems while installing the prompted update.

My assumption is that HP determined that there was some kind of problem with the July 1 build and therefore they decided to revert to the June 15 build for the website release. However, this is of no benefit to customers such as myself who have already attempted (and failed) to install the July 1 version. A more recent build needs to be made available ASAP in order to rectify this problem.

E-ANDERSON
Level 1
10 9 0 1
Message 9 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yeah Freddofrog, think your assumptio is totally spot on! Having the same problem here bro! I've even tried the restore image stated on the support site, as being 'updated on 20 oct 2015'...still ended up with a failed installation, and the error message... just like you mentioned, popping  up, stating that it's an older version! Hp have gotta upload the newest version (the one pushed out in the OTA that brought about all this chaos in the first place!) of the kit kat restore image that's gonna help frustated indiviuals like you and I who own the slate 10 hd tablet ASAP!....keep in touch!

0 Kudos
Masse_
1 1 0 2
Message 10 of 34
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation