Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3050
Android 7.0 - 7.1.2 Nougat

Hi,

When trying to print from my android devices using the plug in service all the printer will produce is blank pages. 

Printing wirelessly from my laptop works fine. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Dan884

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the prints attempted using the android device are blank, however, it prints fine using a laptop,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to reinstall the print plugin?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Install and turn on the HP Print Service Plugin

Install or update the HP Print Service Plugin on your Android OS 4.4 or later device from the Google Play Store, and then turn on the plugin.

NOTE:

Menus, icons, and the location of the print settings vary depending on Android version and device manufacturer.

1. Make sure your Android device is connected to the same wireless network that your printer is connected to, or that Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Android device is enabled.

2. On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin (in English) from the Google Play Store.

3. Once the installation or update is complete, choose a method to turn on the HP Print Service Plugin:

NOTE:

On Android devices with 7.0 (Nougat) and later, the HP Print Service Plugin is turned on automatically after installation. Skip to the step to Print with the HP Print Service Plugin.

• If this is the first time you installed the HP Print Service Plugin, swipe down the home screen to display the notification dashboard, and then find HP Inc. service installed.

Figure : Example of HP Inc. service installed

Example of HP Inc. service installed
    • If you updated the HP Print Service Plugin, tap Settings , tap More, More networks, More settings, or NFC and sharing, and then tap Print or Printing.

Figure : Example of HP Inc.

Example of HP Inc.
  4. Tap HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc., and then tap On.

5. Turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.

Your Android device is now ready to print using the HP Print Service Plugin.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: https://hp.care/2q0sFYS

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response however the problem still occurs after re-installing. The printer looks and sounds like it is printing but still outputs blank pages.

HP Recommended

@Dan884

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

A print job sent from your Android device to your printer does not print. There are several possible causes for this issue, such as a connection issue, or an app that does not support printing.

Step 1: Check the Android device, printer, and network status

Make sure your Android device, printer, and network are working correctly and ready for printing.

• Confirm your Android device is connected to the network: On your Android device, open the Wi-Fi settings and make sure your device is connected to the network you want to connect the printer to.

• Confirm that the printer is on and connected to the network: The printer might be in sleep mode, power saving mode, or turned off. Touch or press a button on the printer control panel to wake the printer. To confirm your printer connection, select your connection type.

• Wireless network connection: On the printer, make sure the light next to the Wireless icon  is either on and steady, or blinking. If the wireless light is not on or blinking, press the Wireless button, or open the Wireless network or Settings menu to make sure the wireless signal is turned on.

• Wired network connection: Check that the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port  and to an available port on the router. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.

Figure : Connect the cable to the printer and to the router

Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer and to the router
  • Make sure the app you are trying to print from supports the option to print. Look for a Print icon  to confirm the app supports printing.

• Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and your Android device closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.

• Check the router band: Many routers can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands, but not all HP printers support both bands. Make sure the 2.4 GHz router band is enabled and broadcasting. If the router broadcasts separate network names (SSIDs) for each band, connect the printer to the 2.4 GHz band SSID.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Clear the Android OS Print Spooler cache

Sometimes resetting and clearing the Android OS Print Spooler cache can resolve the issue.

1. On your Android device, tap the Settings icon , and the select Apps or Applications.

2. Select Show System Apps.

3. Scroll down the list, and then select Print Spooler.

Depending on your Android device, tap Storage, and then select Print Spooler.

4. Select Clear Cache and Clear Data.

5. Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print.

A print preview screen displays.

6. Next to Select a printer, tap the down arrow to view the printer list, and then select your printer.

• If you can print, you can stop troubleshooting.

• If you cannot print, turn off and then turn on your Android device. Restarting your Android device might clear the error.

USE THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/mobility/overview.html

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having exacty the same problem. I've tried all the above with no success. My Android print spooler gives an error message which says "printer error 12577" what does this mean?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.