Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I recently purchased HP Pavilion 10-K010 x2

I am unable to connect to any wireless signal. When I click troubleshoot I am receiving the following message:

"The Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems."

Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Also, can you go into the Device Manager and uninstall the Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter? Then restart the computer and it will re-install the driver again.

Sometimes thats all it takes, if your lucky.

There is no driver listed for Windows 10 for that model, so let me know what OS you have.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Blopez88,

Are you running Windows 8.1 or upgraded to Windows 10?

HP Recommended

Also, can you go into the Device Manager and uninstall the Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter? Then restart the computer and it will re-install the driver again.

Sometimes thats all it takes, if your lucky.

There is no driver listed for Windows 10 for that model, so let me know what OS you have.

HP Recommended
It was 8.1 OS and It worked, thank you!!
HP Recommended

Awesome and you welcome. :generic:

HP Recommended

Using Wondows XP 2

@Photoray002 wrote:

Hello Blopez88,

Are you running Windows 8.1 or upgraded to Windows 10?

HP Recommended

Maj4, the HP Pavilion X2 10-k010 did not come with Windows XP.

Please start your own thread so someone can help you specifically.

Thank you.

HP Recommended
I tried this, but still nothing. I uninstalled the driver and restarted it, but now it just says that driver isn't there
HP Recommended

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I would like to thank Photoray002 Regents Professor who was asked the same question I had and I used. It worked perfectly and was so easy to do what he said so thank you, thank you and thank you again!

Regards,

Cindy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.