Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3835
Other

Just purchased hp deskjet 3835. Trying to install software on my android 6 mobile but saying not compatible. If there another software I can use? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Ciantars,

I'd like to help!

Print from your Android OS 5.0 or later device to your printer using the HP Print Service Plugin.

Step 1: Install the HP Print Service Plugin

Install the HP Print Service Plugin on your Android OS 5.0 or later, and then turn on the plugin.

NOTE: 

Menus, icons, and the location of the print settings vary by Android version and device manufacturer.

1. Confirm your Android device is connected to the same network as your printer, or that Wi-Fi Direct on your printer and Android device is enabled.

2. On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin (in English).

3. Once the installation or update is complete, choose your Android device to turn on the plugin:

• Android 7 (Nougat) and later devices: The HP Print Service Plugin turns on automatically after installation. Continue with these steps.

• Android 6 (Marshmallow) and earlier devices: Tap Settings, search for and open HP Print Service, and then tap On.

4. Turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.

Your Android device is now ready to print using the HP Print Service Plugin.

Step 2: Print with the HP Print Service Plugin

Print photos, documents, emails, or webpages from Android apps that provide a Print option on their menu.

Printing to an HP Printer from Android

Learn how to print from an Android device to a wireless HP printer.

1. Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print.

A print preview screen displays.

2. Tap the down arrow to view the printer list, and then select HP [your printer model name] to print over the network, or DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model name] to print with Wi-Fi Direct.

Selecting a network-connected printer

3. Tap the down arrow  to change any print settings, and then tap the Print  icon.

Print from your Android OS 5.0 or later device to your printer using the HP Print Service Plugin.

You may refer to -Printing from Android Smartphones or Tablets

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.