Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-20-2018 09:44 AM
I cannot signin to the HP Support Assistant on the laptop. I CAN signin if I go to the web using Google Chrome and signin with no problem. Yet from the laptop without going to the internet I cannot sign in.
For reference I call the signin from the laptop direct the laptop version, and the signin from the internet the internet version.
On the laptop version I have clicked on the Forgot my Password and it states that it sent me an email yet the email never arrives. If I go to the internet version and go to My Dashboard and click on Forgot my Password I receive an email and can change my password which is what I did.
After changing the password on the internet version, I went back to the laptop version and still cannot signin. I have redownloaded the app three times now and still cannot signin.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-21-2018 01:20 PM
Welcome to HP Forums.This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips
I understand that you are unable to log into the HP Support Assistant even after you have reset the password online.
I'd like to help.
Are you referring to the HP Passport Profile?
HP Passport is a web-based application that allows you to create web profiles that simplify navigation through HPs website. It stores your basic personal information, such as user ID, password, name, and address so you don't have to retype the information when you return in the future.
Please refer to this Link
Please Note that your Laptop has to be connected to the internet if you wish to change the password even from the App
Since you have already changed the Password online and also reinstalled the App, I would suggest you take a backup of your computer and do a System Recovery to Factory settings.
Then try signing in or setup HPSA with the new password which you had Reset online.
- Turn off the computer.Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose an option screen is displayed, and then continue.
- On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.
- Under Help, click System Recovery.
- When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:
- The Welcome to HP Recovery Manager screen is displayed. Read the on-screen information, and then disconnect any connected devices and cables, such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
- Click Next to continue.
- When recovery preparation is complete, click Continue to proceed to the installation phase of the recovery process. The computer restarts several times during the recovery. This is normal. Do not close, shut down, or disconnect the computer while HP Recovery runs.
- Recovery Manager reformats the Windows partition and reinstalls the original software.
- After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
- Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.
- Before using the computer, update and protect your computer by reinstalling any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.
- Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.
Let me know how it goes.
Thank you. 🙂
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.
I Am An HP Employee
01-21-2018 02:54 PM
I will make a backup of everything and try a total recovery back to factory. Just to let you know, this laptop is fairly new, purchased last September 2017 for school studies. I also an aware that one must be connect to the internet in order to change the password, browse, download things, etc.
I should not have this problem on a fairly new laptop. It will take most of the day to reset the laptop and to put my stuff back on. I will let you know how I make out.
Thank you for the reply
01-21-2018 06:18 PM
Please try the System Recovery at your convenience and keep me posted.
If the issue persists after the Recovery, please contact our Phone Support.
Our Support Engineers will be able to Remote into your computer and get this sorted out.
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.
I Am An HP Employee