Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
 HP Chromebook x360 - 14-da0011dx
Chrome OS

Just purchased HP chromebook.  Noticed battery draining after I shut it down for the night.  The battery would drain 20 to 30% overnight   I understand that battery still drains even it's shutdown, but I was expecting just few percent, not 20 to 30%.  Any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Q2019

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try these steps -

Step 1 Hard Reset -

1) Press the power button  and refresh button  for five seconds. The computer turns off, and then turns on again.
2) If necessary, press power button again to turn on the laptop.

Step 2 Battery Test -

1) Disconnect the charging cable from the Chromebook.
2) Power on the Chromebook and sign in to your account.
3) Close any open apps or tabs and reduce the screen brightness to the lowest level.

4) Open the Chrome browser and type chrome://extensions/ in the omnibox (browser address bar), and then press enter.

5) Remove the check marks next to Enabled to disable all of the extensions.

6) Press the ctrl + alt + t keys to open crosh.

7) Type battery_test 1 into crosh, and then press enter.

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for quick reply,  but as I was trying to do what you suggested, I got a "Chrome OS is missing or damaged"  message   Then when I tried to do a Recovery   I got a "Security module on this device is not working"  message   At this point I had enough for a three day old chromebook,   so I decided to return it Best buys.  I must got a defective product   The search continues  ....   Thanks

HP Recommended

@Q2019

Thanks for trying those steps. 

I'd suggest you reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.