Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2600
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

I am able to print envelopes with my laptop but am wondering if there is a way to print them using my android phone. I downloaded the app called phone to envelope but the HP smart app doesn't give envelope as a choice in the setup.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Knitski First thing you'll need to do, is check if the envelope size/type is supported by your printer: click here to verify the printer paper handling specifications (select your printer)

If it is supported, here's what you need to do:

• Since the option is not showing up in the HP Smart App, I suggest you can change the tray settings on EWS and try printing,

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have two questions. If I am able to print envelopes using my laptop and word processor doesnt that mean envelopes are supported? Second question. What does EWS mean?

HP Recommended

@Knitski Here's all you need to know about EWS: click here

And yes, if it prints using word or any software, it means that it supports it.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information Download iMessage for PC.

HP Recommended

@Parker_D

You're welcome 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found where to change the tray and paper management. I changed the small setting to #10 envelope and the paper type to specialty. Now when I try to print an envelope the app gives me a different choice but it still isn't envelope

HP Recommended

@Knitski I recommend you upgrade the printer firmware using the details listed below:

And then try using the envelope again, after restarting the device.

Lets start with power reset as per HP standards, here's how we recommend doing it:

• Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
    • NOTE: 
    • HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue persists, please upgrade the printer firmware:

click here for different ways of getting this done using a computer among others.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.