Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-02-2020 06:28 PM
I am able to print envelopes with my laptop but am wondering if there is a way to print them using my android phone. I downloaded the app called phone to envelope but the HP smart app doesn't give envelope as a choice in the setup.
09-05-2020 01:01 PM
@Knitski First thing you'll need to do, is check if the envelope size/type is supported by your printer: click here to verify the printer paper handling specifications (select your printer)
If it is supported, here's what you need to do:
- Since the option is not showing up in the HP Smart App, I suggest you can change the tray settings on EWS and try printing,
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
10-20-2020 11:01 AM
@Knitski I recommend you upgrade the printer firmware using the details listed below:
And then try using the envelope again, after restarting the device.
Lets start with power reset as per HP standards, here's how we recommend doing it:
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, please upgrade the printer firmware:
click here for different ways of getting this done using a computer among others.
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee