Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10 Plus 2201RA - torsa
Other

I have now proved beyond doubt that the Android drivers HP has up for the HP 10 Plus 22xx are all faulty and will fail to install except the Chinese one, it loads fine but that's a pain to have to rebuild into an English system and I'm yet to get Google to work on it..

The drivers that I have tried that fail are the US and WW ones here 

When you boot to recovery they fail saying they are old and can't be installed over current even though I have used "fastboot" to zero all data and reformat as well as "ADB"  reset.

The CN driver at the same location above works fine but obviously there is no Google support in the configuration so it's useless.

The US and WW ones need to be re-compiled  with the version info fixed.

It would like to get some "Official" HP support on this as whats the point of have support drivers if they don't work?? Not a good look for HP support.

I also tried the

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @NZ_macca,

I'd like to help!

Perform a reset on the tablet -

Resetting with the tablet powered on

CAUTION: 

All data saved on your device is deleted when you perform a factory reset. All apps are uninstalled. Data stored in your Google Account can be restored. Back up all important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the tablet.

1. If you have a microSD card installed in the tablet, remove the memory card before resetting the tablet.

2. From the Home screen, touch the All apps icon, and then touch the Settings icon.

3. In the Personal section, touch Backup & reset.

Figure : Backup & reset

Backup & reset
  4. Touch Factory data reset.

Factory data reset

5. Touch Reset tablet.

Reset tablet

6. If you set a lock screen password for your tablet, enter your password when prompted.

7. Touch Erase everything to confirm and begin the reset.

Erase everything

8. The tablet powers off and the screen shows Erasing. When the reset is complete, the tablet reboots. Set up the tablet. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thank you @Jay_G24 for the reply unfortunately I don't think you read in detail what I have said.

I' have been trying with ADB and FASTBOOT to get back to the WW drivers build but both the WW and US builds fail an the only build that works is the CN build which says to me that the HP drivers WW and US are at fault and need to be recompiled so they work as the CN build does.

All mute now as the device has failed completely

HP Recommended

I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region for assistance

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.