Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-25-2017 11:15 AM
The tablet battery will no longer charge. I purchased a new power cord thinking that the old one was bent and causing the issue. The new cord will not charge the battery.
Is there an HP authorized location where I could ship the product and have the battery replaced. The product is 2 years old so no warranty.
Also, what is the estimated cost to replace the battery in this tablet?
11-26-2017 06:20 PM
Thanks for visiting the HP community. A very good day to you! I read the post regarding issues with the tablet not charging the battery. I will be glad to assist you here. Splendid diagnosis and superb analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
- Did you perform a hard reset on the tablet?
- Does the tablet power on with the charger connected?
For now, try these steps:
- Perform all the relevant steps from this link: http://hp.care/2k2lWOK that best matches your current issue.
- Also, try the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2k5LJpq for troubleshooting charge related issues.
- If it still does not charge the battery or does not work, then contact HP phone support to get it serviced or to replace the battery.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee