Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio - 13t-ak000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

I have had this laptop for less than three years and it is beginning to have problems with booting after a charge. Any time I charge it (overnight or during the day) the battery will have no issue, but if I let it idle or do not use it for a couple of hours it will not turn on. It will only turn on if I plug it into the charger, and I can unplug it with no issues right after, it will work as normal. It does not die because when I plug it in to turn it on the battery stays charged and doesn't drain. I have restarted it and it does that fine, but if I completely shut it off and then try to turn it on, it does not boot and I have to connect it to the charger for it to turn on. I have tried to look for anyone with similar issues, and I can not find anything even relating to this laptop. It also is up to date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @OliviaCarbone

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing charging-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

I would suggest you please use the link below and run the hardware scan. Once done, let me know the outcome of it: https://support.hp.com/in-en/help/hp-pc-hardware-diagnostics 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.