Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slate 17
Android 4.4 KitKat
Hi.

I am facing the following problem and I would appreciate any help. I have an HP slate 17 tablet and I would like to update its android version to the newest (7.0)

Looking forward for your reply

John
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi 

I have a Android HP slate 17". I have had difficulty with google , play store app  it comes up "unfortunity play store not working" or to that effect. I have to keep clearing the cache but this give me auto updates in which that apps update and stop working. 

I have then have to go in the settings and play store app clear cache and uninstall any app that has updated. For them to open.

All I get is to " report it" annoying 

How do I reinstall Android 4.4.4 OS system.

And yes I have done the reinstall and I get the same problem.

I need the full software OS system to re- install from scratch.

I think this problem is with I the system telling google store I have a certain upgrade to this unit when I have not.

Its downloading ...problely my android phone apps instead of my Tablet.

So to re- install new full software and register it may solve the problem. I would or need the apk of Android Is 4.4.4 KitKat.

Can you help.

HP Recommended

Thanks for answer.

I followed instructions and did a reebot but my problem was not solved. 

I get messages like "unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped"  and it continues with the same message for other programs like "Google", Gboard, MX player etc.

For each message the tablet i blocked.

I have tried to reach HP Technical support but have to be identified with serial number and product numbers.

Where do I find these numbers?

HP Recommended

Hi not a HP worker just someone in the same position as you exactly the problem and I can see that HP have give you no answer to our problem. The problem arises from google/android because as of Oct 17 they have stopped support so basically forcing us to buy another updated product. In light of this I am considering legal action towards HP as they can't make people buy there expensive products and within 3 years they become paperweights because the O/S stops support surely the end user has a right to enjoy their product until it stops working naturally ! HP really need to respond to this there must be thousands of us in the same boat.

HP Recommended

hello Iam having the same problem with my 17 slate google stops . After finally (2 hours -13 different depts)I finally got to the slate dept,only to be told that this was Googles problem. I contacted Google they try to troubleshoot it and said it was HP problem.After another call to hp (again same hassle trying to get someone who knew anything about the tablet,they told me to use an SD card download kit-kat-from thier web site and follow the steps to reinstall it..............Well I have done all this and it wont install any of what is on the SD card.thier advise really sucks ,and the tablet still doesnt work. I own litterally thousands of dollars worth of HP equipment and most works well but this is stupid for the support we are not getting,I will keep trying to resolve this issue as I dont want a door stop made out of this Tablet.I will post a fix if I find one.

I know lots are having this problem so ANYTHING would be helpful

HP Recommended
It's HP's responsibility to roll out the later android for there very expensive products we bought that are now nothing more than paper weights
HP Recommended
Hi, I unfortunately feel your pain this is becoming a massive problem and the blame being shifted from HP to Android is wrong we bought the products from HP the buck stops with them. HP need to have a meeting with their android reps and insist on rolling out an upgraded android O/S. Instead of fobbing their customers off who buy HP products. You are right there are lots and lots of us in the same boat and more and more of us are contacting HP daily to rectify their issue. Why HP feel the need to say it's an android problem when we didn't buy the product from android is beyond me. This is a huge problem that needs to be addressed before legal action is sought !
HP Recommended
Don't bother trying to reinstall HP image file for slate 17 it's already been done countless times the issue is with android O/S they have stopped support for KitKat as of Oct 17 hence the reason we are all in the same boat ! Only this we all can do is to complain to HP to make them roll out upgrade to later android O/S....... Otherwise our really expensive tablets are just papereeoghts.
HP Recommended

I totally agree. I got very little help from HP the program isnt compatable however if you read my other post I did get my tablet to work lots of work as I outlined but its still working

HP Recommended

I've been working on this on and off for a year now, and my main thrust has been to find somewhere to download the Android kitkat or jellybean OS. Did HP tell you where it could be downloaded, or do you have a copy that you could send to me, since HP doesn't provide support anymore? I'll keep watching and if you get this, I'll send you my email. Thanks, hope you still check back, because we will solve this problem---dennyr2

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.