Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Ipad pro os 15.2.1
Other

The hp smart app will not reopen after it is closed.  It flashes on the screen but nothing happens.  In order to use I have to uninstall and re-install the app.  Problem started after last 2 updates 8.11 and 8.11.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Can you provide instructions on how to accomplish this in an IPAD-Pro running OS15.3??

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Mike7540G

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Do let us know which printer you have.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I have a jet Ink 5200

HP Recommended

Root level uninstall : please delete from /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/HP Smart. Then delete HP Smart from the Applications folder and reinstall from the Mac App Store

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you provide instructions on how to accomplish this in an IPAD-Pro running OS15.3??

HP Recommended

Does this happen on any other device? Does the HP Smart App work well on a different device?

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty0610

I don’t have it installed in any other devises.  I just upgraded to your version 9.0 and the problem persist.  Once I close the application it will not re-open, it just flashes on the screen and nothing happens.  I was using version 8.10.1 and it did not have an issue, so smothering happen after your last 3 version upgrades that messed up the app functioning.  You suggested doing a root uninstall, can you provide step bu step directions on how to do that in a IPAD Pro running OS 15.3…this is not a computer

HP Recommended

It's not possible on an iPad. Can you install it on another device and check if the same happens?

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, i don’t have any other device i can installed the hp smart app.  The previous version 8.10.1 worked fine.   can you go back to the developers and inform them of the issues with the last 3 updated, it is probably a simple change in the programming.

HP Recommended

Sure, I'll let the concerned team know.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.