Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp smart or hp eprint
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

Is it possible to freely customize sizing of an image on the HP Smart app on my android galaxy Note8 phone? The only selection i have is crop and rotation. I've used the Brother app and it's a simple pinch to resize which makes my job so much easier, but I love the HP instant ink service. I really hope there is a way to freely resize an image, because printing it, then having to resize a copy loses quality and costs me an extra page every time i have to resize something. Please help. Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Jaygatesny

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To resize the photos, try these steps -

1) Launch the app. 

2) Tap on print photo. 

3) Select the photo you want to print and click on the print icon for more settings options.

4) Click on "More Options" and then click on "Scaling".

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

No help here I guess. :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

Hi @Jaygatesny

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To resize the photos, try these steps -

1) Launch the app. 

2) Tap on print photo. 

3) Select the photo you want to print and click on the print icon for more settings options.

4) Click on "More Options" and then click on "Scaling".

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your advice, but that only gives me the option to fill page or fit to page. I need to be able the freely shrink or enlarge an image with a free-form tool. I am a tattoo artist, so changing the size of our designs with precision and ease is very important. It seems this is still not possible with this new app. At my last shop, we had a cheap brother printer and the Android app allowed free-form resize among many more customizable settings. I know many, many artists stick with brother printers because of this. A simple free-form tool could help HP tap into a striving market. 

HP Recommended

@Jaygatesny

I'm afraid, the feature is not available in HP Smart app. 

I'd suggest trying a 3rd party app. 

Contact HP in your region to know more. 

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I found a free app called "Print Adjuster" on the google play store. A very small and simple yet robust app that allows free-form resizing, mirroring, crop, etc. Share an image to this app, resize, then hit print. The app will then open the HP Plug-in print service on Android. It's an extra step, but works. Thank you for the advice and I hope this post helps someone else out there. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I want to print a passport size photo but all options are too big. Can i custom size?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.