Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slatebook 10 x2
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

Hello!

I've used the link provided by @The_Fossette for installing the udate of android v4.4 for my device i.e, HP Slatebook 10 x2, but i'm unable to run the setup on my device.

I'll be highly grateful if anyone who knows or have done this procedure before, can guide me through the installation procedure for this setup.

Thanks a lot!

-A consumer 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Shaan_forever I'm not sure which link you are referring to? however, here's a link I found that should help you with upgrading the android OS using the recovery image on your device:

HP provides OTA (over-the-air) updates for the Android operating system on your tablet. When your tablet is connected to the Internet, updates download automatically and prompt you to install. If you received and installed the updated Android 4.4/KitKat operating system over the air, you do not need to use this document to update your tablet. To check for OTA updates and see which version of Android is currently installed on your tablet, refer to the HP support document Installing OTA (Over-the-Air) Android Operating System Updates on Your HP Slate

An operating system update does not destroy the data or settings you have saved on the tablet.

If needed, use a microSD card to manually install an updated version of Android on your tablet, using the steps in this document. If you choose to update manually, Slate tablets require a two-part update: The tablet must be updated to Android 4.3/Jelly Bean before updating to Android 4.4/KitKat.

This document describes how to manually update the operating system on your tablet using a microSD card.

caution:

You must update the tablet from Android 4.2/Jelly Bean to Android 4.3/Jelly Bean before you can update to Android 4.4/KitKat. Follow the instructions in this document in the exact order they appear.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE (Applicable for both Slate 7 and Slatebook 10)

(Though the header is different or the link is for another device, the steps to follow will help resolve your concern & By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.