Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 14-1000dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When my laptop is in tablet mode and it sleeps, I have to open it then use the power button then flip it again to wake it up again. The keyboard and touch screen aren't responsive.
Is there a way tp set one of them to respond while sleeping in tablet mode ??!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI@Ghada1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We understand your concerns.

Yes, double tap on the screen its wakes up from the sleep mode 

Try updating the BIOS to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Try few steps recommended below.

Disable Hibernation
Press the Windows (Image: icon_Windows_key.png) key and the letter X on your keyboard at the same time.
Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu that appears.
Click Yes to allow the app to make changes to your PC.
Type powercfg/h off and press Enter.
Restart your computer.

Run the Windows Power Management troubleshooter.
Type troubleshooting in the Windows search box and press Enter.
Select Troubleshooting (control panel) from the list of search results.
Click System and Security.
Click Power.
Click Next to run the power management troubleshooter.
Click Close when the troubleshooter completes.
Restart your computer.

Right-click on the Windows icon present at the bottom left side of the screen and select Settings.
Once in the Settings, select the menu of System present as the first entry at the top left side of the screen.
Choose the menu of Power and Sleep from the list of options at the left pane in the screen.
Now at the top right side, you will find an option as Advanced power settings. Click it.
Choose the option “Choose what the power buttons do” from the list of options available on the left side of the screen.
Now you will be seeing a menu like this. Make sure that you apply these changes to both the options (On battery and Plugged in)
When I press the power button: Hibernate

When I press the sleep button: Turn off the display

When I close the lid: Sleep

Click on “Save Changes” at the bottom of the screen and navigate back to the previous page.

Now click the option “Choose what closing the lid does”.

Make sure that you apply these changes to both the options (On battery and Plugged in)
When I press the power button: Hibernate

When I press the sleep button: Turn off the display

When I close the lid: Sleep

Click on “Save Changes” at the bottom of the screen and navigate back to the previous page.

Now navigate to the main Power Options menu. Here you will see different plans available on your computer (Balanced, High Performance and Power saver etc.). Select the one you are using and click on “Change plan settings” present in front of it.
A new window will appear. Navigate to the near bottom and click on “Change advanced power settings”.
A small new window will appear in front of you. Navigate to the near bottom and select “Power buttons and lid”. Apply these changes to both the conditions (On battery and Plugged in).
Lid close action: Sleep

Power button action: Hibernate

Sleep button action: Turn off the display

Press Ok to save changes and exit. Restart your computer for the changes to take place and check if the problem has been solved.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.