Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
11 Galileo pro
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

I have an HP 8610 desk jet pro that was given to our youth group to print activities for the group, we also received several rca 11 Galileo pro Android 6 marshmallow tablets for program staff to use. We have no laptops desktops to use for printing but I was told by the Donner that there is HP smart app that would work for our needs. When we tried to install it said that our tablets where not compatible, another search talked about going to settings of the app so it will work with the tablets. Help pease

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @bd5760

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

HP Smart app is not compatible with Android 6. the minimum requirement is Android OS 7.0 (Nougat) or later.

You will have to upgrade the OS on the tablet to use the HP Smart app. However, you may use the HP Print Service Plugin to print from your Android 5 device.

Kindly refer to this document for more info.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.