Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp elite x3

My Elite x3 will become a paper weight by end of 2019 cos of MSFT abandoning the support for W10 mobile. However, the hardware seems still compatible with Android 7 or 8. Anyone here have tried converting their x3 from w10m to android os?  Apprecaite your reply. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You might take a look at the article at the link in the line below this one.  The same method used for the Lumia phone may work with the Elite x3.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2017/08/05/install-android-on-lumia/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Did anyone manage to install Android on X3? Can help and advice how to do it? The solution provided above seems to don't work, maybe was blocked. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have looking for a while how to port android to HP Elite X3, at the end seems that I need to make it alone as HP don't want to make anything. There is OXI Phone which can work with HP Lapdock too. It will be excellent to port that mechanism to HP Elite X3

HP Recommended

A good phone is just thrown, now we will think whether to buy anything produced by your company? Could parting with the phone theme to spend more solidly, would release the Android firmware, and so signed their own impotence.

HP Recommended

In HP, you who anywhere only not experts, only you pointed out on your blunder initial you immediately poke finger at in the sky and not you can nothing do.

HP Recommended

I'm very sad about this situation, today whatsapp has stopped working, we (Elite X3 users) are so limited and frustrated to deal with a not supported operative system... not so much apps, SO doesn't working properly,  I'm so frustrated.

[Content Removed]

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Quite right, they are just scammers, done and forgotten. And we fell for the experience of working with printers. After that, I will not buy HP equipment anymore.

HP Recommended

Microsoft as always, not HP....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.