Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP X2 Detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Following a repair (lost Bitlocker key), my tablet was reset and Win 10 re-installed.  Following this, I cannot get Sound, touch screen and cannot find the webcam.  Can anyone offer a solution(s)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Chris:

That is more in line with what I was expecting...That product number indicates that you have a HP X2 10-n100na.

Below is the link to the driver page for your notebook.

HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n100na (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

The chipset driver should install the missing devices for you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the product number of your HP X2 Detachable?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying Paul.  Using the HP Support System Info' the Product Number is:  1AP14EA#ABU

Chris

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Chris.

According to the product number you posted, your notebook is a HP 17-x101na

HP PartSurfer

That seems awful large to be a x2 detachable PC.  Usually those models have 10" - 12" displays.

HP 17-x100 Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

There are no camera or touchscreen drivers.   The camera is USB powered and the driver should have installed automatically as well as the touch screen.

You may want to make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Hi.  Many thanks for the comprehensive reply.  Before I do anything else, I will double check the product number on the tablet itself.  It's currently doing a "Reset" and seems stuck on 96%.  If the Product number is on the item itself, I'll check if  the HP Support System  mis-identified it.  Forgive me if it's tomorrow if I reply .  As a (very) senior Silver Surfer, these things take time.  Juggling between two devices!!!

Chris

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Chris.

I'll be around.

Paul

HP Recommended

Just re-installed the HP Assistant.  Product ID is N9Q58EA@ABU.  Does this help?

Chris

HP Recommended

Hi, Chris:

That is more in line with what I was expecting...That product number indicates that you have a HP X2 10-n100na.

HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n100na (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

The chipset driver should install the missing devices for you.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul.  I'm trying hard to put into words how pleased I am with your solution.  Admittedly it took me quite a while, but I persisted and now all is well with my tablet.  The B & O sound is really good, touch screen works better than expected and graphics are bright and clear.  So once again, many many thanks from this old silver surfer for bearing with me.  Have a wonderful Christmas and please stay safe (we all need a guy like you to help us out!! 

HP Recommended

Anytime, Chris.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and stay safe and well too!

Hopefully these new vaccines will help us out of this pandemic real soon.

Cheers,

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.