Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp slate 7
Android 4.1 - 4.3.1 Jelly Bean
I took it to a repair shop he wanted to charge me 200$ to change the charge port which costs 1.70$
Can you plz help
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Moui

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you Smiley Happy 

As I understand the tablet keeps flashing HP logo while attempting to charge it,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted to install all available updates?

Does it boot into the main screen or is it stuck on the HP logo?

Did you reset the tablet?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

If the Slate 7 or Slate 10 tablet does not startt normally, or if you do not remember the lock screen password, it may be necessary to perform a reset without turning on the tablet. Use the steps in this section to reset the tablet from the Android system recovery menu:

CAUTION:

All data saved on your device is deleted when you perform a factory reset. All apps are uninstalled. Data stored in your Google Account can be restored. Back up all important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the tablet.

1. Disconnect the charging cable from the tablet.

2. With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up (+) button and power button at the same time.

3. When an HP logo appears on the screen, release the buttons.

4. When the Android system recovery menu appears, use the volume down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.

NOTE:

The touch screen is disabled when the tablet is in recovery mode. Use the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons to navigate up or down in the recovery menu. Use the power button to make a selection.

Figure : Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe data/factory reset highlighted in Android system recovery menu
  5. Press the power button to select.

6. The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.

Figure : Confirm wipe of all user data

Confirm wipe of all user data
  7. Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.

8. A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.

9. When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete, highlight Reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.

Figure : Reboot system now

Reboot system now

Wait for the tablet to reboot.

10. Set up the tablet by following the steps in the HP support document Setting Up Your HP Tablet (Android 4.1/Jelly Bean).

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: https://hp.care/2GNZkLz

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, please Contact HP to have the tablet either repaired or replaced,

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  https://hp.care/2moMFSc

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We just bought this tablet from a pawn shop and it was working yesterday and she put it on charge all night but won’t turn on and when plugged up it blinks the hp logo

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.