Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 7 1800

Hi, My HP 7 1800 tablet is just rebooting to Android restore page after it displays a USB icon on the screen.

Ive tried the retore file from the HP Support page several times it just installs then returns to the android update screen.

I think it may need reflashing with the Firmware but i cannot find this file anywhere.

Thanks

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@KevTucker

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand the tablet is not booting up.

Don't worry, I'm here to help. 

Let's try these steps -

1. Download the Restore Image to a folder on the hard drive of your computer or to the device (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).

2. Copy the file update.zip to the root folder of a micro SD card root folder. Do not unzip the file. 

3. Power off the device.

4. Insert the micro SD card with update.zip into the device. 

5. Press and hold the Volume up key and simultaneously press the Power key. 

6. Press the Volume down key to highlight Recovery, and press the Power key to confirm the selection.

7. The device will reboot into Android System Recovery.

8. Press the Volume down key to highlight "Apply update from external storage," and press Power key to confirm the selection.

9. Press the Volume up or Volume down keys to select the update.zip package on the SD card to update the firmware. 

10. The message, "Install from sdcard complete," is displayed after the installation is complete.

11. Select "reboot system now" to restart the device.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, this has been tried several times and just goes back to the restore android 3e screen when i reboot.

HP Recommended

@KevTucker

Hi there, thanks for trying. Have you also tried a reset on the tablet yet? If you have not, please try these steps -

1) With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up and power buttons at the same time.
2) When an HP logo appears on the screen, release the buttons.

3) Press the volume down button repeatedly to move the selection to RECOVERY.

RECOVERY highlighted in DROIDBOOT PROVISION OS menu

4) Press the power button to select.
5) Use the volume down button to move the highlighted selection to wipe data/factory reset.

6) Press the power button to select.
7) The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down button to move the highlight down to Yes -- delete all user data.

wipe data/factory reset highlighted in Android system recovery menu

😎 Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.

Hope this helps!

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have tried the Volume up and power button but just get returned to the Android REcovery screen as in the 2nd screenshot.   Continous reboots and Wiping cache and still same, cannot get into that ifwi screen 😞

HP Recommended

@KevTucker

Hi there, thanks for getting back to us. Appreciate you trying the steps. 

This would confirm a hardware issue. Please contact the Phone Support team to have the device repaired. 

Have a great day.

Cheers!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.