cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RalphMS
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

New HP Laptop running W10 home. Slow internet using wifi.

HP Recommended
HP 14-dk1025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
I had similar issue or maybe same type of issue (the issue being that when I connected to the internet using wifi, I found that the internet connection speed on the laptop was throttled by the computer or the computer's modem or the computer's software) with many computers running windows 10 and this happened several times even after doing a complete reset of windows 10 on the computer. Now sometime there is network reset function in network and internet settings that would work for some interval of time, which would increase the internet speed and after some more time elapsed it would revert back to slow internet speed.
Finally on 22feb2021 I found a solution and maybe a permanent fix. I downloaded from hp.com the wifi software update. After that I installed the software and my internet speed using wifi has increased from 0.2 mbps to 10+ mbps.
Step or steps continuing from hp.com is to find the product on website that needs the software installed (this is for products computer related in this case). Then let hp detect the product. then search for wifi software update. download update and install the same.
Regards,
R.M.
Just trying to help. Mostly a fellow human in need.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation