Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitepad 900
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

L.S.,

Tablet does not start up. Message = missing Hard Drive (3F0).

I cannot get into the (Uefi) boot options to manage the bootorder to boot from usb.

I have a Windows 10 recovery usb, but when the tablet is in it's docking station or in it's case, the usb, bootable, is not found.

I tried the solutions on the website, but no avail.

I even tried to create a bootable (125 Gb) mini SD card, but that isn't found either.

Start button + volume down bring me to a screen with options of which only System Information works.

As far as I know, from experience with pc's and laptops, it ought to be possible to switch the boot order.

The option 'F2' gives nothin but "no operating system" 

A number of suggestions on HP's website only give options dor laptops.

I am almost at my wits end.

Could anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Resume

When your tablet (laptop) seems to be deceased, a few things I learned in my Quest.

1. Do not panic. (Lol)

2. Look for the '3 in 1' tool, download it and install on a flash key

3. Look for the appropriate driver for your network

4. Let the tool or the supoort option do the job.

it seems wise to create a backup of you system as soon as it works. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

The 3F0 usually means a failed HDD.

Could you please expand on the Model?

HP Elite  X3?????

HP Recommended

Dear CF4

It is the HP ElitePad 900 (with phonecard).

Yes I know that the 'drive' is missing, as well as the recovery, since the tabloet doens't respond to that either.

The Startupo MNenu shows

F1- System Information  -(works)

F2- System Diagnostic (NOT working)

F9- Boot Options >> Empty screen, at the bottom just [Escape -Return to Main Menu]

- Stragel;y enough my attached USB DVD/CD station respons by starting to run.

(USB connection in most left USB port in the holder)

F11- HP Recovery  >> {Boot Device Not Found} Hard Disk (3F0)

The reference to www.hp.com\go\techcenter\startup tells me to do a hard reset but then the info is about Notebooks, not tablets (Dutch solution centre)

The advice to run diagnostics or HP Support Assistant doesn't work either.

Hitting F2 [System Diagnostics] only starts up/starts the dvd/dc player and shows 

"The HP BIOS application selected is corrupt or missing. Please install the application and try again.BIOSn Application Error (501)

For more information visit www.hp.com\go\techcenter\startup"

[Enter - Continue] >> back to above line "The HP BIOS....again."

Apparently the tabel does make a connection to the CD/DVD player, but doesnt boot (Inseterde is a Aomei rescue Disc W10 64 bit) or a Windows 10 Recue disc from my 64b system./

I think there must be a CD with the appropriate software around somewhere to get the tablet going agan, i.e. reinstall or restore Windows 10

I am looking forward to your response

Harry

HP Recommended

Hi

Basics....  have I got the right product?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitepad-900-g1-tablet/5298028/how-to

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitepad-900-g1-tablet/5298028

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03664461

I made a W10 DVD that installed on this HP and an Acer that I have.

ISO images of various Microsoft OS's are available.

They can be be downloaded (sometimes you need a licence key other than the HP OEM key)
and 'burnt'/expanded to a DVD/USB. They WONT contain appropriate HP software, like drivers etc.
But may enable a repair to be started.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

BUT I am uncertain about the new W10 1709 to fit on a DVD.

AND I expect you already know/tried all of this...

HP ElitePad 900
Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down button at the same time for 15 seconds.

Using the recovery USB drive in Windows 8

Follow these steps to use the recovery USB drive:
  1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Insert the recovery USB drive into a USB port on the computer and turn the computer back on.
  3. Use the Down arrow key to select the USB drive (for example, UEFI: HP v220w 2.0PMAP), and then press the Enter key.
  4. Click the language for your keyboard.
  5. Click Troubleshoot.
    Use the following sections to resolve computer issues:
  • Refresh your PC
    Refreshing the computer reinstalls Windows without affecting your personal files, apps, and many settings. You can refresh your computer to resolve problems, such as the computer not starting.
    Follow these steps to refresh your computer:
    1. On the Troubleshoot screen, click Refresh your PC.
    2. Click Next.
    3. Click the operating system (Windows 8).
    4. Click Refresh to begin.
  • Reset your PC
    Resetting the computer reinstalls Windows and removes all of your personal files and settings.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

CF4,

Yes, that is the correct model.

To keep you and other readers updated I report my results, hoping to find a solution for everyone with the same problem.

So far I tried your suggestions from my AWindows 10 (64b) machine indeed 1709.

I noticed that when connecting to a USB cd / dvd player, the players starts spinning but does not get a connection.

I simply land on the well known 'boot' screen.

Doing the same with a USB-stick, prepared on my pc, nothing happens but getting into the same screeen.

I had inserted a 128Gb flascard in the tablet's slot, realizimg that it could be discovered as 'a' USB, I removed that card an ran the prodedures again to no avail.

I am wondering weather this flashcard slot is part of the 'boot' procedures and thus could be used as a 'rescue disk'.

I would be pleased to be informed on that.

Can this 'drive' act as such? Can that drive be paritioned as to use a partition as 'recovery'?

Furthermore I wonder if it makes a difference in working with/from the docking station or from the 'hard-cover'.

Apparently my windows 10 1709 machine does not prepare the bootable usb correctly. Or is that a false assumption?

Next step I am going to try is preparing my USB with my wife's Laptop, running windows 10 in 32bit.

Any new suggestions are welcome. I will keep you and other readers  infomed.

Harry

HP Recommended

At this very moment (17:18) Amsterdam time I have been able to get a Windows 10 recovery by means of my wife's windows 10 x64 system (strange?).

I inserted the USB, started up with the windows key + B. After 10 seconds I was in a windows install screen.

Option to recover the UEFI did not help. Now I try to make a 'fresh' install.

Unfortunately I had to remove an old partition and let windows create new ones. Now Windows is installing, be it slow.

(atm local time is 17:51) as you read I am writing live while installing.

- 17:55; 63% preparing files ready

- 18:05; contunuing installation of part and updates

- 18:08; windows restarting

- 18:09; preparing (HP logo) takes rather long..... 

- 18:14; restart (one moment please)  [a moment is 20 seconds according to old British Navy]

- 18:18; going through wondows settings

- 18:20; Windows is being configured for you

- 18:20; let's begin.

remember [Windows key] + B

HP Recommended

Ok, system is running, but...

It is not the configuration for the tablet.

it is reported as a desktop...

missing are my internet adaptor(s). 

A whole bunch of unknown devices in hardware

question is how to get the appropiate setup for the tablet?

HP Recommended

Hello 'world',

d.How to continue?

Windows 10 is installed.

The only internet/network connection is over the telephone adaptor. 

- I do not have a simcard with a network connection

- I know that the device has a wifi 

Thouch screen is not working

- probably hardware was not recognized?

- windows 10 professional does not have suitable drivers.

In all, my request is:

Where to find an image of HP ElitePad 900 g?

I could try to download the HP assistant, install it over USB. If it works.

Anyway, I will give it a try today.

Regards,

Harry

HP Recommended

Yet another day spent. Due to bad weather conditions here, which forced me to stay home. My (motor)bike was not adequate for snow conditions (grinn).

Last night I managed to find a 'site' op HP (Software Depopt) where I simply downloaded most of the SP files, bnut being clever, I copied the name in the download (descriptive) and pasted that after the file name duringe download anmd save.

In this way I was able to get most necessary files.Downloaded filelistDownloaded filelist

Since early this morning I tried to get the "sp82614-HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 3-in-1 USB Key" running, but my USB key is 128 GB so that would not work. (Silly, isn't it)

I did not even know that this '3 in 1 tool' existed. Why nobody ever noticed it is a riddle to me.

Anyway, as far as I can see now, the system is running aftyer I searched fot the 'ar6004-win832-3.7.0.206-whql' win 8 ethernet driver and the w10 update 'ar6004-win1032-3.7.2.61686-whql'

Before I coulsd do this I had to switch of the disk protection and the protected login.

Having a stable internet connection, I now run HP Support Assistant which seems to repair and restore thing I was missing

So far I think this might be the end of this discussion.

I hope othere readers (in future) will be saved some trouble by reading this.

It Is Possible To Restore a Bricked HP ElitePad 900 Completely to Windows 10 (32 bit / X86)

HP Recommended

Resume

When your tablet (laptop) seems to be deceased, a few things I learned in my Quest.

1. Do not panic. (Lol)

2. Look for the '3 in 1' tool, download it and install on a flash key

3. Look for the appropriate driver for your network

4. Let the tool or the supoort option do the job.

it seems wise to create a backup of you system as soon as it works. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.