Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Wyrenut.

Many thanks for your response.  Just to be sure I have understood: are you saying that you have successfully used Desktop 6.2.2 on Win10 64-bit?

GROUPIE

HP Recommended

@GROUPIE wrote:

Hi Wyrenut.

Many thanks for your response.  Just to be sure I have understood: are you saying that you have successfully used Desktop 6.2.2 on Win10 64-bit?

GROUPIE

Yes I have used it successfully.  

Read this entire thread for some suggestions from other users.    This is all new ground, so we are learning as we go!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

with the help of WyreNut I have installed the drivers for my Palm TX on my Windows 10 laptop. Following the posts above I was able to install the Palm Desktop 4.2 on the laptop and synchronize the Handheld, but only once.

When I open the Palm Desktop I do not see any data, after reopening it in the administrator mode I can see all the data.

Do I need to go through that every time or is there a way to set the opening of the Palm Desktop automaticaly as an administrator?

After the first successful synchronization during the installation of Palm Desktop I can not do the synchronization anymore, the handheld is issuing the message that it has no connection. I did the compatibility check and set it to Windows XP, as on my old computer. Still no synchronization.

So, can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Nikolai

HP Recommended

I'm looking for a copy of Palm OS 4.2.  Could you email one to me?

6.2 does not work the same way.  My Palm data set is compatable with 4.2 and I lost the copy I had.

Thanks,

Mac@Lingos.US

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

No, that doesn't help.  It leads to a Palm OS page, but the Chinese firm I'm imagining has got all the old OS's deleted.  The last time I needed to down load, there were a number of them.  Now they either give you 6.x or end up at advertisements for other software.

That particular page has a place to identify which OS you want, but when you pick 4.2, it just comes back pointing to the same page.  Any other ideas.  I'd really appriate it.

Thanks,
Mac

HP Recommended
I could send you what I take to be v4.2 if you wish. My information is that was re-released as v4.1.4E, of which I believe I have a copy. Why anyone would rerelease with a different version number, I cannot imagine. My problem will be how to run my palm desktop and hotsync to my palm t3 when I move to windows 10/64bit. So I am very interested to hear if anyone can solve it. I gather the problem is with hotsync. There is a post here - http://www.turbostats.com/support/hotsync.html - which refers to the Aceeca driver. The link thereto does not seem to work, but there are references out there; eg - http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/10119/aceeca-releases-64bit-palm-os-hotsync-drivers/. As I write, the Aceeca website is being revised. There is further reference here: http://forum.brighthand.com/threads/how-to-install-the-new-aceeca-64bit-drivers-on-a-tx.281989/ , posted by Wyrenut. And another here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Palm-and-WebOS/64-Bit-Palm-Desktop-Drivers-are-HERE/td-p/2035342 Hopefully the only reason the Aceeca links on the last 2 pages are not working is the revision in hand of the Aceeca website. Could anyone please supply me with the Aceeca drivers and the Trouble Shooting and Installation instructions referred to on the last but one page? Wyrenut? Does anybody know whether the Aceeca solution will work with Palm 4.1.4?
HP Recommended

4.1.4E is not the same as 4.2.

4.2 was released with the last few units Palm made - the T5 and TX.

6.2.2 was released with the advent of Windows Vista and 64bit OS's.

Older PalmOS devices can work successfully with 6.2.2. 

Please visit this page for downloads and information about syncing to older Palm devices:

http://www.palmdr.com/important-links

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

Thanks WyerNut, for the very helpful reply.

If I install v6.2.2 on the Windows 10 64 bit system that I intend to build, will it sync with my Palm T3, or shall I need to do anything else?

HP Recommended

@asdfz wrote:

Thanks WyerNut, for the very helpful reply.

If I install v6.2.2 on the Windows 10 64 bit system that I intend to build, will it sync with my Palm T3, or shall I need to do anything else?

You will need the Aceeca drivers, and the PalmHotSyncSetup patch.

WyreNut

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.