Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a Windows update that was downloaded onto my machine yesterday. It said it needed me to restart my computer. As a safeguard, I have learned to sync my Palm Desktop with my Z22 device every time I receive a message like that because my data might "disappear" or my Palm Desktop might "break". I managed to do the Hotsync. I was unable to reopen Palm Desktop 6.2.2 after that. I shut the (Windows 10) computer down for the night. Today I still can't reopen Palm Desktop as Administrator. I already uninstalled the Windows Cumulative update KB4551762 and KB4540673. Also uninstalled MS Groove Music, MS Movies and TV and MS One Note that all also installed since my Palm Desktop worked.  Seeing a problem that someone posted last month, I'm thinking maybe I should have waited another day?  When I "run as Admnistrator" the Palm Desktop 6.2.2 tries to start up.  I get as far as seeing the title screen and then a menu appears before the Palm Desktop crashes. Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I eventually solved this. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Palm Desktop software, but still had the problem. I finally found information about the company Short-Tronics, Inc (www.palmdr.com). They were able to efficiently help me over the phone for a reasonable fee. They know Palm products well! The solution involved running DBfixit, which was software that I already had on my Palm and had used years ago, but had not thought of trying for this problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I eventually solved this. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Palm Desktop software, but still had the problem. I finally found information about the company Short-Tronics, Inc (www.palmdr.com). They were able to efficiently help me over the phone for a reasonable fee. They know Palm products well! The solution involved running DBfixit, which was software that I already had on my Palm and had used years ago, but had not thought of trying for this problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.