Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-31-2018 05:54 PM
Installed HP Print for Chrome on Chromebook. Printing to local network printer, not using Google Cloud. I can print to printer from Chrome. Chromebook alert shows printing and disappears in 1 min. Printer wakes and says Printing Document for 15 minutes and then spits out the page. Seems like something is not quite right because it takes so long to finally spit out a page. If I add printer to Chromebook, it finds my printer and allows me to "Add Local Printer" but when I select HP as the manufacturer, my printer model is not in the list and no HP printers in the list are even close to try. I bought this printer specifically because description said it worked with Chromebook but it is turing out to be as frustrating as the HP printer I replaced it with.
01-01-2019 04:51 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
Does the same happen while copying too?
Let's try to reset the Printer here as it helps in removing any stored static electricity from the Printer which might be causing these issues.
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-02-2019 03:40 PM
Thank you but the issue is not the printer because I can print to it with Windows 10 and from my mobile and it works as expected. This issue is directly related to Chromebook and the printer. I uninstalled HP Print for Chrome and when I re-installed it and went to Chrome > Printe >Change Printer, my printer was no longer showing in the list. And I could never just add it to the printers in Chrome because I can select HP as the manufacturer but my model, M130nw was not listed so I was stuck.
This time I went into HP Print for Chrome and clicked the Add printers by IP Address, entered my printer and now I can print like normal from Chromebook. Adding the printer by IP Address is what worked for me. Thanks,