Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am new to the Forum.

I have just bought 2 HP Elite X 2 Used but still under guarantee, they both required to be updated to latest Win 10 version,

both had working front & rear cameras before the update. Since the update only the front facing camera is available & there is no option to switch camera from front to back.I have tried reinstalling drivers, removing drivers & reinstalling,searchinhg forums for answers, all to no avail, nobody seems to be able to fix the problem.

I am very dissapointed at the lack of response from HP to this problem, which appears to be common.

I am now in the process of going back to factory default which is taking forever & am very pissed off as you can probably tell!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, I also searched all the relevant forums with no success for a working solution. Wasted a whole day on it,  thnk you very much Windows update for stuffing the camera on both my HP Elite x2's.

I did find the soution that worked on this forum by Stormcrow  (my appologies if I got your name wrong)

Here is the link he posted which is a Zip file with all drivers and instuctions on what to do. It worked just fine on My HP Elite x 2 Camera is fine now but failed on my wifes because I needed a password to update the Bios & had no idea where to find it & the Bios update is an essential part of the solution.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4anss3sqpf7xcmt/AABByqeexHCmuUK7hzpb7wI2a?dl=0

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your new 2x laptop. 

A webcam that was working in one of the pre-installed programs suddenly stops working after installing Windows updates or after installing a recommended update to YouCam or MediaSmart.

To resolve this issue, reinstall the original HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device driver.
  1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  2. Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers.
  3. If the HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device is listed, right-click the driver and select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen instructions.
  4. Restart your computer, and open your webcam software to see if the problem is resolved.

If your computer came with a built-in webcam, HP provides software that you can use with your webcam. If this software program is removed, you can reinstall it using HP Recovery Manager. Select your version of Windows from the following options for steps that apply to your operating system:

If the operating system on your computer was upgraded, these steps will not work. Instead, download and install webcam software from the HP Software & Driver Downloads webpage or the software manufacturer’s website.
  1. In Windows, search for and open Recovery Manager.
  2. Select Reinstall drivers and/or applications, and then click Next when prompted.
    Figure : Reinstall drivers and/or applications
    Image: Reinstall drivers and/or applications
  3. Select the appropriate Software program (such as Cyberlink YouCam or MediaSmart Webcam), and select Install.
    Figure : List of drivers to reinstall
    Image: List of drivers to reinstall
  4. If prompted, click Next to first uninstall the selected program.
    The program uninstalls, and then reinstalls.

Did this reply resolve your post or question?

If yes, then share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution.
You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

We appreciate your feedback. It's what keeps our community such a helpful, vibrant place for our members.

Thanks for being a member!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I asked the exact same question in Microsoft community:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/rear-camera-doesnt-work-in-...

Still, it doesn't solve my problem but it could help you.
I also tried refreshing my windows 10, reinstalled driver, updating bios and none of those helped me.

Contacted HP, could be a hardware problem and they asked me to send it in for warranty, but sadly I am in need of my device so couldn't do it until I can spare my device. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I also searched all the relevant forums with no success for a working solution. Wasted a whole day on it,  thnk you very much Windows update for stuffing the camera on both my HP Elite x2's.

I did find the soution that worked on this forum by Stormcrow  (my appologies if I got your name wrong)

Here is the link he posted which is a Zip file with all drivers and instuctions on what to do. It worked just fine on My HP Elite x 2 Camera is fine now but failed on my wifes because I needed a password to update the Bios & had no idea where to find it & the Bios update is an essential part of the solution.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4anss3sqpf7xcmt/AABByqeexHCmuUK7hzpb7wI2a?dl=0

HP Recommended

Thank you Racy2u !

I tried and it worked! no need to send in my device. 

Thank you for the help after solving your own problem, really appreciate it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.