Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LG Stylo 4
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

I have a Straight Talk LG Stylo 4 phone. I just installed HP smart and I would like to change where the app saves scanned documents from internal storage to SD Storage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try installing a third party File Manager App and then touch "share" after scanning the document. From that particular File Manager, you would able to choose your destination for saved scans.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Printman77

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Once you finish scanning the document, touch "share" and then touch "customize list", a list will pop up for you to choose where you would like to save your scanned files.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have went to the customized list of options you have described but the SD card is not showing up.

HP Recommended

@Printman77

Do you see any File Manager Folder?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes

HP Recommended

When I installed HP scan, it created a folder on the internal storage named hpscan. That is where scanned docs go by default.

HP Recommended

@Printman77

So one of the Files Manager folders might be your SD Card storage.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can switch from internal storage to SD Storage from within the files manager folder. The HP scan folder was placed in internal storage by default.

HP Recommended

Sorry for any confusion . Actually what I meant was the hpscan folder was placed in the SD folder on the phone during installation and I would like to save my files to the external SD card in my phone. Is there any way to save documents to the external SD card from the HP scan app?

@Printman77 wrote:

I can switch from internal storage to SD Storage from within the files manager folder. The HP scan folder was placed in internal storage by default.

HP Recommended

@Printman77

You can try moving the HP Smart App to SD Card:  

Note: Not all apps can move to an SD card.

1. Open your device's Settings app Settings.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the app you want to move to your SD card.
  4. Tap Storage.
  5. Under "Storage used," tap Change.
  6. Pick your SD card.
  7. Follow the on-screen steps.

I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.