Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Not had my HP Spectre x360 - 15-df1004na long.  Unfortunately my wireless spectre mouse has started wandering across my screen - usually ending up at the top right of my screen.  Any suggestions to fix please?  I've tried a hard reboot, unplugged my wireless usb and switched the device on and off.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@susiequeen I suggest you try the below steps:

Attempt using an alternate/external mouse.

(If that works when the touchpad is disabled on device manager, it would mean that it's a touchpad failure,

However, if the external mouse doesn't work either, it could be a software/driver issue).

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse:

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled.

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.
  • 2.   Click Device Manager.
  • 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse.
  • 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall".
  • 5.   Restart your computer.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the response

Unfortunately, I'd already tried this.  I had then considered a virus or malware, but have Norton 360 installed and running regularly.

So I unfortunately had to resort to a full factory reset and install of my various apps and files from Dropbox.  Thankfully my cursor is now behaving again, so I guess it must have been an app/driver installed within the last couple of weeks that interfered with my touchscreen/touchpad/mouse/tilt pen!  I shall keep a log of installations and see if I can spot what is conflicting in future (another post I noticed mentioned a Realtek driver - but I'm not sure that was the case for me).

Susie

HP Recommended

@susiequeen As long as its behaving the way we need it to behave, it's good!

I'd suggest you keep the device under observation and let us know if you have any issues.

Keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.