Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14-dx1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have recently upgraded the hard drive in my laptop and when turning it on I was shown a screen saying “Boot Device Not Found”. I then proceeded to open BIOS and put “boot off flash drive” in top of the uefi boot order. I inserted my flash drive with windows 10 into my laptop and booted it up. Once again I was brought to the Boot Device Not Found screen.
Since then I have tried numerous times to boot up windows from my flash drive. I have tried switching the usb ports and turning off secure boot with no avail. I made sure that my usb ports were functional by charging my phone with both ports. I’ve also tried using boot manager and I’m able to see my flash drive in the boot manager. When I try to boot off of “bootx64.efi” I am greeted with the error of: Status 0xc000000F, Info: The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors.
I’ve tried using a different flash drive with windows on it and it still hasn’t worked. I have formatted my pc in the past and used the same flash drive with the same windows installation, when I did, I was unable to boot off my flash drive for hours but for some reason suddenly it worked. I have spent hours and hours trying to find a fix for this, but I’m still unsure. Why isn’t my laptop booting off my flash drive? (My product number and name is 9XM12UA, 14-dx1xxx)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.