Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitbook Revolve 810 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Originally I've bought Revolve 810 with Window 8.1 Pro.

Recently I upgraded it to Windows 10 64 bit Pro.

The problem is that I can't boot it from USB drive. Computer recognizes USB drive but when I click F9 and get into boot mode ... it recognizes it as 'usb hard drive' but when I select it ... it does not have any effect and does not boot.

Could someone help me to fix the issue? I need to be able to boot from USB drive ...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Windows 10 64bit with UEFI can only boot from a GPT partition. It may be that your USB boot drive is partitioned as MBR [Master Boot Record] and should be partitioned GPT [GUID Partition Table] for UEFI. 

Create bootable USB with UEFI support

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Windows 10 64bit with UEFI can only boot from a GPT partition. It may be that your USB boot drive is partitioned as MBR [Master Boot Record] and should be partitioned GPT [GUID Partition Table] for UEFI. 

Create bootable USB with UEFI support

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended
Thanks for replying
I believe that my USB is partitioned as MBR
Well. Could you please tell me how to partition it as GPT?
Thanks again
P. S. I am not much familiar with this stuff but in boot selection I did not select UEFI option. I selected to boot from USB hard drive.
Should I select another option?
HP Recommended

Use the link in my previous post to install Rufus.

Select your USB Device in the first dropdown menu.

Choose "GPT Partition Scheme for UEFI"

Then browse to and select the bootable .iso file.

You can leave the other selections at 'default'.

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended
Thanks a lot
I will try ....
HP Recommended

Well ... I was able to partition GPT and when I boot I selected to boot from 'External USB Hard Drive' BUT I've got this message:

'Selected boot image did not authenticate'

I found on this forum that it's recommended to 'clear' secure boot option in BIOS. I did it  ... and I'm all set now...

thanks so much for the help

--

HP Recommended

I was going to suggest it in my next reply if partitioning in GPT didn't work.

Glad you got it figured out. :generic:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.