Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 250
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a connection between my OfficeJet 250 device and my Samsung smartphone. I can connect both via Wi-Fi direct without any issues and I can also enter the configuration page (192.168.223.1) and change settings there.

But when it comes to connect the printer to the All-in-one-Remote App, i'm not able to make the connection. When i enter the "Search a printer" and then "Looking for a Wi-Fi-Direct printer?" i can see the printer after a few seconds. So far so good.

Then I select the device and hit "Connect with the printer" -> Afterwards I have to enter the password, which is protecting the printer. When I enter the password which is shown on the display of the printer itself, i get the message:

"Cannot make connection with this password. Want to try again?"

I already changed the password about 10 times via the configuration page. Printer adapts these changes also, but when I try to connect via the All-in-one App, it refuses the password.

Does anyone have a good idea, what the exact problem is? Unfortunately I was not able to find a fitting topic or (even better) an explanation.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Best regards

*** UPDATE

In the meantime I've tried to connect to the printer via the HP All-in-One App in combination with my iPhone 6s. And surprise, surprise ... it worked from the first click on. During the setup wizzard the printer has been found (connected by wifi direct with iPhone) and could be installed. I was able to print, scan etc.

When I try the absolute same procedure with the same App on the Samsung Smartphone (also connected by Wifi Direct with the printer), it searches for ca. 20 seconds and gives me the reply, that no printer could be found. When I try to install it manually via the "search driver tool", I'll end up in the misery described above ...

So it is clear to me, that the problem lies in the combination Android - All-in-One Remote .. but where?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @BertschiEtienne – Greetings!

Thanks for continued participation in the HP support forums! I would be glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand that you are having trouble using the HP AiO Remote app with your Android device. Did you try using the HP ePrint app to print to your printer? 

If not install the HP ePrint app from google play store and try to print using the ePrint app instead of HP AiO Remote app.

You can check http://hp.care/2uuiDAw for detailed instructions.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Dvortex,

Thanks for your reply.

No I haven't tried with the ePrint App, because I also need to be able to scan documents remote.

Just to give you a picture:

I want to use the combination in Trucks to be able to print and scan delivery documents and send them to the planning. Printing out documents is no problem and works also with the Samsung phone (without using an app, just by connecting by WiFi direct).

But scanning can only be done with the AiO app. The printer itself supports only three modes (scanning to email (must be connected with the internet via Wifi -> not possible on truck) ; scanning to Computer (also not possible -> smartphone) ; scanning to USB -> not useful)

So I need to work with the AiO app to be able to scan the documents remotely and provide them afterwards as a PDF via my Gmail account to the planning.

Is it a known issue, that there are connecting problems with the AiO app?

Looking forward for your reply

Rgds

HP Recommended

Hello, @BertschiEtienne

Yes, the HP AiO Remote app should work well on your Android device as well.

Try this steps below:

Remove the app from your Android app.

Perform all the available updates on your phone.

Restart the device.

Disable the "Samsung print plugin" by going to the settings.

Download and install the HP AiO Remote app from the play store.

Go to Settings - Wireless - and then pair the device to your phone using the WiFi direct account.

The default password is 12345678 - but if you have changed then Touch the WiFi icon on the printer to find the WiFi direct password.

Once the phone is paired, then try to scan from the HP AiO Remote app.

Let me know how that goes!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Dvortex,

Thanks for your reply. Performed all the steps which you wrote down below.

I tried with the HP All-in-One App, but also with the HP Smart.

Both with the same result -> Printer is connected via Wifi Direct, can also be seen in the overviewlist of the app, when I'm searching for it.

But when I want to make a connection, I receive the Error, that I cannot connect with this password.

I've tried it with several different passwords (generic, non-generic, no-password at all). Does not work.

Tested it again with the iPhone. No problem at all. Connected within 10 seconds and everything works.

Rgds

HP Recommended

Hello, @BertschiEtienne

Appreciate your efforts 🙂

To isolate the issue further, I'd like to connect the printer with your Android device using the ePrint app. 

I do understand that you need the scan feature and the ePrint is not your appropriate choice, but try to install the app from the Google Play store and then try to print using the HP ePrint app.

Let me know how that goes!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.