Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The Palm is great, simple, and easy for scheduling, calendars, data, and addresses. But HP no longer produces Palm Products like the Palm Pilot and Palm Zire. I have a Palm Zire 21 and I can't get it to sync with my 64-Bit Windows 7 system, even with the 64-Bit Aceeca Driver. So one option would be to get a Device like the Palm or to get an App for my Android phone that works like the Palm did and can schedule events and sync with 64-Bit computers. 

I tried Google Calendar, but it is not very good in terms of interface. It's pretty cumbersome to schedule lots of appointments for a single day.

Can I please ask: What is the best product substitute or replacement for the Palm Pilot or Palm Zire?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I feel your pain, and have given those day-to-day functions up to my phones (first Android, and now iPhone).  My TX does sync with a Windows 10 computer, using Palm Desktop 6.2 and the Aceeca driver.

There is an app you can try on your Android phone which runs Palm OS, called StyleTap.  It has a free 14-day trial before you have to pay for it ($50, not cheap).  I have it installed on one of my Android tablets and it does work to run Palm OS apps pretty well.  Now that I look at that site, I don't think it will sync through the normal Palm OS app conduits such as Datebook and Contacts, so it might not work for you.  It does let you run Palm OS apps though.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

Thanks for writing back. Maybe the Palm TX syncs and installs better than the Zire.

What you are supposed to do is plug in the device and the laptop is supposed to automatically recognize it enough so that you can install the Aceeca driver by right clicking on the device in the Device Manager. But that doesn't work for me.

Also, it sounds like the App that you are talking about doesn't sync with the laptop, unfortunately.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.