2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Workaround for HP Elitepad 1000 G2 BIOS update issues

HP Recommended
Elitepad 1000 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is an issue with the latest few BIOS update versions where the Windows BIOS update utility refuses to continue with the update (I forgot to write down the exact error).

I have found a workaround for this which I want to share. Since all the existing threads about this are locked because they are old I'm starting a new thread on this.

The workaround is to create a recovery flash USB drive in the utility instead of trying to have it apply the update directly; and then copy the L48_0148.bin file from the USB drive to the EFI\HP\BIOS\New directory on the EFI system partition of the tablet. After copying the file reboot into the BIOS (keep the volume down button pressed while rebooting and select
BIOS setup) and leave the BIOS setup without making any changes, the BIOS update will start immediately after this.

This worked for me, hopefully it will work for others too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MayS
755 754 18 79
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank you for visiting our community, we are glad that you have resolved the issue you were experiencing on your device. ‌‌

In this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem. Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

Regards, 
MayS.

I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
MayS
755 754 18 79
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank you for visiting our community, we are glad that you have resolved the issue you were experiencing on your device. ‌‌

In this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem. Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

Regards, 
MayS.

I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation