Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook 15-as031nr (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few days back the laptop started dying when unplugged.  I then seen the battery was very low.  Next I see it is critically low and not charging.  This morning it showed 255% and fully charged but in fact had no charge.  On reboot and several other failed diagnostic trials it then came back to showing 0% and now shows charging or at least shows plugged into AC.   Anyhoo it is not charging and has 0 power.  One diag however that was showing the battery was bad when it showed 255% now shows the batter good but shows I have a drive that is failing.  Sometimes the laptop simply will not boot up and has almost no vid but a very dark blue screen that almost looks off.   Recently ( about 3-4 times now) it has had a blue screen shortly after reboot and throws some error code that I did not get but something to do with a file named xxx. sys I belive. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.