Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x2 10-k077nr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I haven't charged the battery in some time and now it won't charge. Have left it plugged in for more than several hours and it won't power on. Any ideas/suggestions? I don't know if the battery is replaceable or not.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Can the computer turn on normally after removing the battery and plugging in the charger?

HP Recommended

The battery cannot be removed. I guess I went too long without charging it. I think it's probably toast. 😕

HP Recommended

Does your computer have a cooling fan? After pressing the power button, the fan cannot operate normally, indicating that the computer is not connected to a power source. Consider the power issue.In addition,you can use the method of discharging static electricity. The specific operation method is to unplug the power first, and then press the power switch several times. If you can’t solve it, or you don’t know how to disassemble the computer, you can send it to a fixed maintenance organization for repair.

HP Recommended

(I neglected to describe the item in my first post. My bad.) This is a 10" HP tablet with a detachable keyboard. Not sure about the cooling fan. I do know it has an SSD. I'll try your suggestions regarding the power button and it'll hopefully revive it. Thanks for your help Sam11112.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.