Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp envy photo 7155
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't pair my hp envy photo 7155 printer with my android droid turbo phone

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@abhogan

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you're trying to connect the printer to an Android phone, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the error message while trying to connect to the phone?

How are you connecting the phone and printer (Over Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi Direct)?

Are you able to print from other devices?

You could refer to this article: Click here

Once I have the rest of the information, I'll help you further with troubleshooting steps,

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

I'm trying to PAIR my droid turbo phone with my hp envy photo 7155 printer. The error message I'm getting on my phone is: "Could not pair, please make sure envy photo 7100 series is in pairing mode and try again".. How do I put my printer in pairing mode? I had it paired at one time but lost the pairing. Yes I'm able to print from all devices

Thanks
HP Recommended

@abhogan

Thanks for responding, 

It's great to have you back,

You can use the HP Smart to set up the printer on your wireless network. The HP Smart app is supported on iOS, Android, and Windows devices.

1. If you are using an iOS or Android mobile device, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. (HP Smart uses Bluetooth to make the setup process faster and easier on iOS and Android mobile devices.)

NOTE: HP Smart uses Bluetooth for printer setup only. Printing using Bluetooth is not supported.

2. Open the HP Smart app.

3. Windows: Click or tap Setup a new printer and follow the onscreen instructions to add a printer to your network.

iOS/Android: Tap the Plus icon on the home screen and then tap Add Printer.

Follow the onscreen instructions to add a printer to your network.

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I don't think you are understanding my issue. My issue is, I Am trying to PAIR my phone with my printer. My printer is

already setup. I can print fron my computer, tablet and my phone. When I try to Pair my phone with my printer I get this

error message on my phone,"Could not PAIR, please make sure envy photo 7100 series is in pairing mode and try again.

Yes bluetooth is turned on.  How do I put my printer in pairing mode?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@abhogan

Thanks for responding, 

It's great to have you back,

I do understand you're trying to connect your phone and printer via Bluetooth. As per specification, I see that your printer does not have Bluetooth connectivity. 

If you wish to connect the phone to printer, you could follow the steps from my previous post or you could also connect using Wi-Fi Direct method: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04577030

Hope this answers your query

Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.