Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Here is the long-awaited video on Locating and Installing an HP Print Driver for Windows 8.

Please try to view this in Internet Explorer, as you may need plugins for other browsers.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Well, I figured it out!!  I unistalled the Photosmart C4180 and then reinstalled it  the using the (very long download)  set up wizard and the thing prints now.  (at least a page from ancestry.com).  My ancestors and I thank you all. 🙂  Happy now!

HP Recommended

Bought an HP Envy 23 Touch a few weeks ago and I am still waiting for the printer driver for my HP LaserJet CP1025nw color.  Any ETA when the printer driver will be available for Windows 8?  When I called HP Support, their answer was for me to buy a new printer.  "I don't think so."  I just brought this printer less than two years ago.  I tried to setup eprinting, but again I believe I still need the Windows 8 driver to do this.  I will access the free support forum tomorrow and pose the same questions.

Gail

HP Recommended

I have downloaded the windows 8 64 bit driver software for the hp1280 but this does not work from your website. could you confirm that a new driver was produced for this printer. 

thank you

tony inglis

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.